Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful Part IV

Wow, so things got a little crazy for a few days, but I am going to finally post why I am thankful for my favorite little man:







Reasons I am thankful for Cole:
  1. He makes me smile- I mean look at that kid, even when he is making me bananas (which is often) he just makes me beam
  2. He makes me laugh- my life is full of funny guys (just look at my previous posts), but this little boy takes the cake. I laugh several dozen times a day at things he does
  3. He is infectious- He is one of those kids that EVERYWHERE we go, EVERYONE checks him out, and then he starts hamming it up, and all can't help but watch him. (he is the main reason I get my drinks free at Circle K)
  4. He is so active and curious- I hear stories about the 'lump on the log kids'- you know, the ones that can just sit, still, perfectly content, and never complain- well, not my kid, and I am grateful for that, because he keeps me on my toes
  5. He keeps himself pretty well entertained- I think a lot of that has to do with the curious aspect, however sometimes he is curious to a fault.
  6. He still takes two GOOD naps a day (that whole active thing)- although sometimes his afternoon nap turns into just 'quiet time' in his crib, he still does it, so I still get two breaks a day.
  7. His rambling of incomprehensible words, the occasional Mom and Dad, and how every morning his very first word (which was his first word, and basically still his only word) is Dozer
  8. How observant he is- although, because of his observance I have to be careful what I do with him around, and I know soon, I will have to be careful about what I say. He can see someone do something, and then he is convinced that that is what he should do also (i.e., spank the dog, yell at the dog, the big kids climbing the slide -so he climbs the slide, opening doors, turning on lights, turning on anything, any button he sees is meant to be pushed, etc, etc, etc,)
  9. How loving he is, especially when he is tired, he loves to nuzzle in my neck (which usually involves some sort of very slobbery kisses), hold on tight and pat my back. I love his muggings!
  10. His laugh- there is nothing in the world better than his rolling laugh, and what's even funnier is the random things that get him going.
  11. That he's mine- I am so thankful and lucky that this little boy is ALL MINE and that I get to be his mom. He is such pure joy, and I am forever grateful for this amazing little person that I get to spend all my time with. He is my everything!

Well, there a just some of the reasons I am thankful for Cole. I don't think, though, that words can express the depth of what I feel for my little boy. He is truly one of kind, and everyday I am overwhelmed with feelings and emotions for the little man that has effected me so much!

Still to come- what we did this Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments: