Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful Part II

I am so thankful for all our friends and family. Here are a few reasons why (again in no particular order):
  1. My mom- for letting me call her needlessly throughout the day so Cole can 'chat' and so I can ask her all sorts of silly questions that really don't need answering right away, but I feel it is necessary. Also for all she does for us, the 'surprise' boxes in the mail (including the not so surprise ones of things I forget at her house), and her constant willingness to help me out (she even started cleaning my house for me when she was here a few weeks ago!)
  2. My dad- for letting me call him needlessly throughout the day for all my silly questions (and always trying to have a good enough answer), his computer help, his ability to make me laugh, and the way we have a conversation-changing subjects 800 times-and still be able to follow what the other is saying
  3. My sister- for calling me needlessly throughout the day, just to say hi and see how things are going, for always being able to tell when something is wrong with me and then being willing to listen, for being my constant shopping buddy and constant friend
  4. My little brother- for being such an INCREDIBLE uncle (I never thought he would have the patience), for looking things up for me when I need him to and his awesome mix CD's he whips up for me (sometimes by request, sometimes not)
  5. My other brother- I don't get to see/talk/visit with/hear from him as much, but I do still really appreciate him (and his impeccable sense of humor!) and know I will appreciate him more once he is more educated and I can ask him about all my medical conundrums (he's in Med school at Baylor)--- and for his wife for being able to put up with HIM! (she's a saint)
  6. My In-Laws- for all the support they have given us over the years. They have given us so much and I am indeed so very grateful!
  7. My Bro-In Law- for his incredible sense of humor and being able to recite movie and South Park lines at the drop of a hat, also his amazing talent that has helped out my siblings so much this year! (Want to see what he does?)
  8. Our friends who like us enough they allowed us to immortalize our son in their concrete. Tim and KT have been so incredible to us. They are great for a laugh and great for just hanging out. (They have also offered to babysit, although once they have spent an evening chasing Cole, they may live to regret such a kind offer!)

9. All of our Phoenix friends who haven't forgotten about us and still invite us to do things and check the blog to see how we're doing (yeah- that's a major shout out to you-Colemans!)

10. All of our extended family!! There are SOOO many, I would be here for three weeks and two days listing them all, so know that we are grateful for each and every one of you and wish we spend more time with you.

11. All our grandparents. (Grandparents are special, so they don't fall under the 'extended family' category) I am so thankful I get to spend as much time as I do with my Grandparents and wish we could spend more time with our 2 out-of-state grandfathers! I appreciate, however, all that all of them do for us and we are so lucky to have such awesome abuelos!

12. I am thankful to the ladies (and guy) at Circle k who give me my drink for free everyday!

13. Jody- my hairdresser, you may think it silly to be thankful for your hairdresser, but its hard to find good, quality cutters out there and I found my Jody (although, I don't get to see her as much as I would like, but she is so worth the drive to PHX)(Plus, I LOVE the salon- if I was still working, and still lived in Phoenix, I would absolutely work here in a heartbeat!)

14. Most of all I am thankful for Abe and Cole- who are tomorrow's subject!

(Again- funky format at the end there- OH WELL!)

No comments: