Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This just about sums up our weekend. It was one of the busiest weekends we've had in a long time. We started off Friday with a play group, then nap (Cole never seems to nap as long as I would like him to!), and then went with Tim and Katy to Skull Valley (little town about a 30 min drive from Prescott, 2003 census puts the population at 525!!!- that's the size of my graduating class!) where Katy's old roommate owns the only cafe and serves dinner every other Friday evening. The food was fantastic (almost all of us ordered prime rib, since there were literally 4 options, one of which had sold out) and I am sure we will go back some time in the future.

Saturday started off with a trip to the farmer's market at Yavapai College, where Abe's co-worker has a stand for his BBQ business. I bought some hummus, fresh pita chips, and Cole and I shared some peach cobbler from the BBQ stand.

We also got a phone call that morning from some Phoenix friends (aka Abe's old boss) saying that they were up for the day for their son's baseball game in Prescott Valley. We swung by and watched a little of the game, caught up with each other's lives, and chased Cole around the bleachers, into the bull pen, and off the field.

Cole obviously didn't even make it out of the parking lot before he was asleep. While he napped I got ready for my Mom's Club Banquet (big party at the end of our "year" where everyone said thank you to the old board and hello to the new- although, sadly, most of my board was unable to make it!) We met at a mexican restaurant downtown and all had a great time! I even won a door prize for having the most interesting/entertaining story. We were supposed to write down something about ourselves (old or recent) that no one would know, and then guess who belonged to each. I told about the time when myself and two friends faked our own abduction, including ransom requests, when we were 14, as an April Fool's prank, and got grounded for a month (I thought this would be an entertaining anecdote in a group full of moms, and I was right!)

While I was at the banquet, Abe's old boss and family came to the house to check it out (they were impressed with the view, but who isn't?) and then they, too, headed downtown for dinner. They went to the Palace, and, as I understand, had a great time. Cole loves whenever he can get some extra attention, and it sounds as though he did. After I got home, we made a "quick" trip to a friends house to pick up Bob's old quad. We ended up being there a little longer than I had anticipated, but enjoyed the visit and acquired a quad (broken or not!)

Sunday morning, we went down to Lynx Lake and had breakfast at the cafe there. Cole was being his usual terrible two self. Abe really doesn't have patience for that sort of thing, so we ate and left, skipping Abe's intended walk around the lake. We came home and spent the rest of the day, trying to recover from the weekend and having a mini-Star Wars marathon. Cole enjoyed it (surprisingly!) and would go and grab his light saber (a gift from Lance and Ady) during every fight scene, saying zzzssshht, zzzsshht, with every swipe and stab. (the pic above is from him finally succumbing to his exhaustion during one of the movies)

It was an exhausting, yet entertaining, weekend, and we are counting down the days till the next one.

1 comment:

Savannah130 said...

I think I have been to the cafe once on the way to X-mas parde.