Monday, April 27, 2009

The Evolution of Fear

Sunday morning, we went out to breakfast before our friends headed back down to Phoenix. On the way home, Abe decided to stop and get my car washed, since earlier that morning I had commented on its disgustingness.

There is a car wash here in Prescott that is like the gas station car washes, with the addition of guys that scrub your car going in and dry it once you come out (and you stay in your car the whole time). Cole usually loves going to the regular car wash and watching the cars go through, so we thought he would enjoy being in it. As we got closer, I started questioning whether he would really enjoy it.


Here's what happened:



Curiosity


Unsureness



Fright





Sheer Panic and Terror!

At the point of sheer panic and terror, we stopped laughing at him and I put down the camera and reclined my seat back to try and comfort him and calm him down. We felt so bad afterward, although, just now while writing this post, I'm getting a pretty good chuckle from reliving the moment. I do still feel awful about it though, but I can't help but laugh. He is so dramatic!

No comments: