Friday, May 1, 2009

Random Happenings of the Week

Monday and Tuesday were pretty normal, with not much going on, so Cole and I did a little shopping and laundry, you know, the usual. With the addition of Cole doing this:

Now anyone who's a papercrafter knows that those are Glue Dots. For those who aren't papercrafters- those are Glue Dots. Glue Dots are one of the best, strongest adhesives for crafting on the market, and Cole thought it a good idea to roll my Glue Dots across the wood floors! (I guess I should just be grateful that he opted for wood and not carpet again!)
Here's my gathered ball of expired Glue Dots. They weren't too bad to pick off the floor, although my fingers were pretty raw after from the constant pulling off the glue.
Cole also developed a love of corn on the cob this week. Here he had finally picked it up, but before this and before I could grab my camera, of course, he was eating it with no hands off of his high chair tray.


I had asked him to smile for the camera and this is what I got- goofy kid!


He wouldn't smile anymore, but I just thought that this was a cute picture, plus you can really see the spices from the corn allover his face!


We also had our first Mini Mozarts playgroup this week. It's a class that my MOMS Club is basing on a music class offered in town (which costs about $140 for 6 wks, but ours is free, of course ) where the kids get together and bang on instruments, sing songs and dance/march around. It was a lot of fun and now that we have our official CD with all the songs on it, we can't wait to learn them for the next class. I also went overboard with my lyric book (of course!) and basically scrapbooked the whole thing (they had just asked us to print them out and maybe tie the pages together with ribbons!) I'll have to post pics of that another time.
After the class, in a temporarily unstable frame of mind (J/K), I volunteered to be the President of the MOMS Club. They had been looking for volunteers/nominations for the different positions for about 2 months, and I had considered inquiring about the VP positions, but thought if I just waited, others would step up and then I could just volunteer next year (after all, I've only been in the group a few months!). I overheard them talking about how no one had stepped up for VP or Pres, and so I started asking questions and next thing I know, they were all telling me to go for Pres!!! It should all work out great though, the other ladies that are up for the other positions, I get along with great, and a lady I've become friends with (who had planned on just being Treasurer) said she would do the VP job if I did Pres. So, the middle of May are 'elections' and thus far I'm unopposed, so it should be a sure thing- although that would be pretty sad if I somehow didn't get it (like if everyone voted against me), but I don't know if that's possible. Overall, I'm pretty excited, and can't wait to get to know all the moms better and to see what we, as a new board, can bring to the group this year!
Today at playgroup, (sadly I don't have any pics of this story, but I don't know that one would have wanted to see them!) we went to a park in PV that is basically a giant pond with some grass and ducks and fish. We were hoping to feed the ducks, but it appears that the ducks have all headed north again, because there were none there. Fortunately, we all had little boys and they were perfectly content with just throwing rocks into the water. After repeatedly telling Cole to stay away from the water, he took a digger off a mossy rock into the nastiest, slimiest, schmutz-y water ever! Two of the other boys thought it fun to just sit in the bank of the pond, so needless to say, we all sat stripping our children before putting them in car seats to go home. While we were all sitting there watching our disgustingly dirty boys having a rock throwing blast, some guy with a little boy came over and was letting the boy play around ours'. Next thing we knew the boy was face down in the pond, and the man was just standing there! My friend (future Miss VP) said you need to get him! and then the man looked at the little boy (who had to be younger than Cole) flailing in the water, realized he wasn't going to recover from his fall into the water, and proceeded to take his shoes off before finally going in to get him!!!! We just all sat there in stunned silence for a while, as the man scooped up his possessions, and headed back to where the rest of his family were. Once out of ear shot, we let loose!! We could not believe this man just sat and watched this little boy drowning, and then had the nerve to make him splash a few moments longer so he could remove his less than impressive shoes!!! We were all ready to go diving in after the boy, but were so in shock over the whole ordeal, and that this man was so slow to take action! It was very disturbing to witness! Cole even came up to me right after, and tried to hold on to me as best he could, though I was trying to keep him and his slimy,nasty, smelly self off me. I think the incident seriously traumatized him too, actually all the little boys were in shock. We determined (and later confirmed) that this could not be the boy's father, and heard him chatting it up later as that the boy decided to go "swim", and conveniently left out the part about the poor thing nearly drowning to death!
So that's what we've been up to. Abe has a meeting all day Saturday- which is okay since it is supposed to rain. Hopefully we will be able to come up with something fun to do Sunday.

No comments: