Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Picasso

This morning, as we frantically rushed to get out of the house to make it to playgroup on time (it was half an hour earlier than usual and about half an hour away), Cole got a hold of a Sharpie. Cole has, on occasion, gotten hold of Sharpies before, but usually just looks at them. Today, while I checked my email, I told Cole to go watch Elmo and get out of my office. He cooperatively obliged (that should have been my first warning) and traipsed back into my bedroom, where Sesame Street was on.

I finished checking my email, ran out and told Cole we needed to hurry and leave, only to find this

Yes, that is navy blue Sharpie on light grey carpet. There were several more locations of the same AWESOME artwork, but this was all I could stomach to take pictures of.

This is the door frame to our bathroom. Look closely. He even colored in the latch hole.
And this is what he did to himself. These are brand new shorts (literally the first time he's ever worn them). He also got the straps of his tennis shoes (Nikes for little boys aren't cheap!). His hands were also covered in the lovely blue. So far, I have left the marker on his person because it is really bugging him. I don't want him to think that every time he colors on things (including himself) that Mom can just make it disappear. So he will stay blue, at least until it starts to really bother me.
I have also been through a can and a half of carpet cleaner. It has put a pretty good dent in it (surprisingly), but I'm sure I'll go through at least another half can or more before I can call it good (thank goodness we stocked up on carpet cleaner at Costco). As for the door, my fellow moms gave me some pointers, so I'll be (or have Abe) making a trip to Home Depot for the rest of our clean up supplies. I'm just hoping to remove enough color that it blends in. So now,while Cole is still sleeping, I must go and lock the Sharpies up in a location very high!

1 comment:

Savannah130 said...

That should me fun to clean!!! LOL!!