Friday, April 17, 2009

What goes in must figure a way out!

Before Cole had to get ready for bed last night, I told him he could play on his climber for a few more minutes (we gotta try to wear this kid out as much as possible- I figure it might help him sleep through the night, eventually). I left the room for a minute and came back to find Abe crawling into the "fort" through the cargo net! Cole thought he was crazy, but also thought it was pretty cool to have Dad in his climber with him. I had to grab my camera, and as I took pictures Abe mimicked and mocked what I would post today. He's so mean sometimes!

After being ridiculously cramped for 10 minutes, Abe decided it was better to find an alternative way out versus the way he had gone in (plus he had to repair the damage he caused to the cargo net upon entry).

Cole also decided to channel my little brother last night (walking around with his pants sagging and his little booty hanging out.)

After such climber excitement, the two boys (and I mean BOYS) played a rousing game of 'Which hand's it in?


This was Cole's attempt. He didn't have anything in either hand, but whatever Dad does, he has to, too.
See- look Dad, it's empty!


Then it was Abe's turn again.


Nothing in that hand!


Ah Ha! Success!!!


And one last quick trip down the slide! Such fun!


Sadly, my plan did not work. Cole still woke up last night. However, I was only up with him for an hour (it's been 2-3 hours every other night this week, and most of the last few months), so maybe it worked a little bit. I think now he just wakes up out of habit (annoying!!!). He actually doesn't "wake up" but he starts crying and fussing, so I go running in so hopefully he doesn't wake Abe up. What to do? Oh well, I figure it won't last forever (hopefully) and during the night is the only time he will allow me to hold him like he's still my little baby. I've decided to enjoy it while I can, and just try to remind myself I will (eventually) have years to catch up on the sleep this incredible little boy has deprived me of! Until then, excessive amounts of caffeine will do the trick.

No comments: