Monday, April 27, 2009

RCPM!!!

This past Saturday, we had the awesome, awesome opportunity to have a FREE Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers concert, downtown in the courthouse square. Now, to some, this may not seem that exciting, but to us, and our OUTRAGEOUSLY-HUGE-RCPM-fan friends, this could not have been any more AWESOME!!! (did I say that already?)


Cole was not too sure about what was going on. The music was loud (awesome), the crowd was crazy singing and dancing (awesome), and it was getting close to bed time. He was such a trooper though, and hung in there with no complaint (I think that was due to the shock factor!)

Abe put him on his shoulders. I would say he was giving him a better view, but we were only about 30 feet max. from the stage as it was, so he really was just trying to help me out, since after a while, Cole insisted on being held- by me.
Here we are with two of our friends that came up. Another couple of friends of ours (actually it was sort of a Costa Rica reunion- since this was the group we had gone there with) came up too, I just, sadly, didn't get any pics with them. (Dara- if you don't mind, send me all the pics you took too, please!)


I know this picture is blurry (its artistic- and I did it on purpose, not really, lol), but with about 45 minutes of the concert left, we found a spot literally 5 feet off the side of the stage. It was the best!!!
Abe and I have been to a couple of their concerts before (one down in Mexico, even), and our friends have each been to dozens, but this was by far the best! For one thing, the crowd was a fraction of the normal size (about 500 vs. a couple thousand), it was 5 minutes from our house, and it was FREE!!! Plus, with all the concerts our friends have been to, they have never been able to get up that close. We even got our picture taken with the guitarist afterward (we had tried to wait to get a pic with Roger, but there was a pretty good crowd around him and we were cold and hungry and it was getting late.)
Abe and I also realized that earlier that day, we had been stuck on the highway behind their old-smoke-billowing-horses-fighting-painted-totally-befitting-of-them tour bus doing 2mph on a 2% grade! We had zipped around to pass them, all the while making comments about what a junkie old bus it was! We got a good laugh out of it.


Here they are singing a portion of one of my all time favorite songs (this song came out when I was in high school when they were known as The Refreshments) Sorry the video is a little shaky, but I was filming one handed, while I was holding Cole and he was bouncing in my arm.

No comments: