Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

So, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving we got suite tickets to the AZ Sundogs- minor league hockey, BIG deal up here. Anyway, we took Cole and for the short time we were there he had a blast.

Cole didn't like sitting in the chair too much, when he moved he'd sink in. Abe and I got a laugh though!



Cole loved running back and forth in the front row of the suite.





And then he loved peeking over the rail. When we would score a goal the place went bananas, sirens went off, and red light flashed everywhere. Cole really enjoyed that. He also was obsessed with the blimps that come out between periods, but he despised the team mascot, who we saw several times and even came into our suite as we were leaving.


Cole hitching a ride on the way out.




For Thanksgiving Day, we went to Abe's parents. I had my camera, but unfortunately didn't get any pictures because I was chasing Cole trying to make sure he didn't break too much stuff. I know Abe's dad got a few, so I will hopefully be able to get copies from him. We had a great time, great food, and it was great that Cole got to spend so much time with his grandparents. Abe's brother, Ben, was even there, too!


On Friday we went to the zoo with my family. Cole had a blast, and every animal he saw either "moo'd" or squealed like a monkey (those are the two sounds Cole knows how to do)

Looking at the animals was very serious!

Did you know tigers climb trees?!? I guess it makes sense, but I really had never given it much thought until I saw this guy about 30 feet up, crouched and ready to attack. So now you know, if you're being chased by a tiger, that climbing a tree for escape is not an option!

Cole wanted in with the lions, BAD!

Look at that face!

Cole thought he was pretty hot stuff on the tractor in front of the petting zoo. Notice his PB&J. A rooster chased him, shortly after this, trying to get a piece.

My grandparents came with us, too, and as they are getting on in years (plus, my grandfather is having a few complications recovering from a quad. bypass and aortic stem replacement)the two of them decided to use one of these handy contraptions. It was so nice that they were able to still join us, and enjoy it, with all there ailments. Cole especially liked when they showed him there was a horn and how to honk it!

Here was one tuckered out little boy! He slept all through that night for me, which is a MAJOR thing as of late.

We spent pretty much the rest of the weekend relaxing and getting Abe ready for his big AGC conference in Dallas. Cole and I then went to Phoenix Sunday afternoon and stayed with my parents for a few days. So I finally filled you in and now Cole and I are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Dad (he should be home in just mere hours) and are looking forward to our weekend of Prescott holiday festivities.

No comments: