Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Happenings in Prescott

Abe made it home Friday evening without incident, which Cole and I were very excited about (especially Cole- he spent the entire weekend SCREAMING Dad whenever Abe would leave his sight, even if just for a moment. He even woke up this morning, called out to Dozer-of course- and then instantly began beckoning his Dad. He loves that guy!) Unfortunately, it looks like Abe caught a cold (probably on the plane) and so we have been dealing with that. However, Saturday was a day for getting in the holiday spirit, here in Prescott. It was the annual Courthouse Lighting festivities, which were kicked off by a parade:



Here's Cole, sitting in prime parade viewing seats, with our friend Kim. Kim said Cole really enjoyed (squealed and bounced) when the numerous dogs in the parade would walk by.


Cole really started getting into the parade. Here he is clapping at the 'cloggers' walking by. (hey- its a small town, what else would you expect in the parade besides the 4H Cloggers and Dog societies?) He would also wave at the people going by, however, I couldn't quite catch a picture, but I tried

This was one of the more entertaining parade entries. This giant Radio Flyer Wagon, pulled by a quad, followed by:







...these wagons, followed by...







...these wagons. We got a kick out of the teeny tiny little one on the end.







Here is Cole, all puffalump-ed out, waiting for the Lighting to begin. Sadly, his balance was not so good with such a big coat (I'm trying to get my moneys worth and make sure that this thing lasts at least through the winter) and took 3 pretty nasty falls. As he couldn't move his arms, they were pretty much noggin knockers and he has 3 pretty nasty bruises adorning his bald little melon! Poor baby!








Here is the best picture I could get of Abe and Cole that evening. Its fuzzy, I know, but its hard to get either of these boy's to hold still, let alone get their attention.







Here's Cole and me. He was actually cooperating, and started hamming it up a bit! I love this kid!






BTW- like my hat? Abe bought it for me at the Milliners shop on Whiskey Row. I LOVE IT! And I can't wait to see if ,with my ever growing hobby, I can replicate it!

Here's my sister, Rachel, and me. She and her husband, Bobby, came up to enjoy the festivities also. They missed the never-ending parade (it lasted close to 2 hours!), but we were so glad they came for the rest of it. I think they had a good time and we hope they come again soon!







Here's Cole in ONE of his VERY FEW moments of peace during the ceremony. There's nothing like a 17 month old, screaming at the absolute top of his lungs, while some big wig politician is reading the Christmas story from the Bible and all the town children are singing Christmas carols. I will give him the time he fell mid-ceremony, but the rest of the time, Holy Cow! Oh well, the joys of parenthood. Fortunately, it was all outside, so I don't think he annoyed too many people, but he was definitely flustering us!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I know what you mean by "never ending parade" LOL I was looking over the shoulder of one of the seniors sitting in a chair at the curb and thought the parade was about done --- then she flipped over to the next page --- 101 entries!