Wednesday, December 17, 2008

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!

So, now that my head no longer feels as if it may explode any second, and my congestion has found a happier place in my lungs, I can sit and stare at a computer screen for a somewhat extended period of time (these posts don't write themselves, you know, and they don't take seconds to configure either), I am ready to update all.


This picture isn't of anything noteworthy, just a cute snapshot of my cute little boy.


Here is my picture of 'the snow falling'. We had a pretty good storm yesterday. I would bet it snowed like 6 to 8 inches total. However, it would snow for a good hour and then rain for about 5 minutes and erase all of the previous. There is still a fair amount out there right now. I can see a patch about 3 inches deep out my office window as we speak.

I do however have to admit, I told Abe last night that it is pretty cool having snow and a Christmas tree at the same time. Those two things just seem like they belong together. And, being a native Phoenicican, its a first for me- at least that I remember.



Saturday, after Abe's work meeting, he came home and suggested we go get a Christmas tree. Actually, he suggested we go chop down a tree. (They're planning on spending millions to thin the forrests up here anyway- we just helped LOL) We decided to go check an area Abe stumbled across a few weeks earlier. Cole wasn't too sure.
I kept saying he looked like he was either on the verge of crying or throwing up. It was a pretty rough trek out there, and Cole was pretty much like that the entire time.




We also took a minute to explore the old, abandoned, and imploded mine that Abe had discovered. Dates on the bolts have it built in 1904. I can't imagine what it would have been like then.



So, after playing at the mine, we drove up and down a stretch of rock, searching and searching for that perfect, glorious tree. Then I spotted her. Down in a 'ravine' not visible from the rocky road, was the most perfect specimen of Christmas tree that could be found in the wild.
Isn't she beautiful. Abe trekked down the slope, with his trusty chainsaw (which was so necessary with a trunk all of 4 inches in diameter) and arrived back at the top with my perfect pick in tow. Here he is with the fruits of his labor. (I was so proud!)



Once we arrived home, and got the tree ever so perfectly placed in the tree stand, Cole decided he wanted to help and climbed beneath, just like Dad.







And here is the finshed poduct, missing ornaments from the bottom 3 feet and all. I did place Cole's First Christmas ornament toward the bottom and you better believe he yanks on it every time he walks by. I believe my mom is sending him some 'child friendly' ornaments that he will be able to hang and remove to his liking. Thanks Grandma!












Here is also a fun little video from at the mine.

If only we could all be so proud of the things we do. I think he may be on to something. I think I'm going to give this a try. Do a load of laundry, clap-clap-clap, cook dinner, clap-clap-clap, change a stinky diaper, clap-clap-clap, etc, etc, etc. Because hey, if you don't clap for yourself, who will?

1 comment:

Sheri N. said...

Hi Becky...I received your comment obviously. We are moving to Prescott this week from LA. My husband just graduated law school, and he landed a job in Prescott. We are really excited. My email address is nelson.sheri@gmail.com. Please email me. I am a stay at home mom too, so we should get together soon. (Give me a few weeks to settle first :)) Anyhow, I hope to see you soon, I would love to see you again. You have an adorable family.