Friday, February 27, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Due to a series of unfortunate events (including being out of stock/back ordered, additional government testing, and the unintelligent Yellow Freight driver who can't read a map- I mean seriously, have you ever heard such a ridiculous thing? A delivery guy who misreads maps?!?) Cole's BIG Christmas present (from us and all his grandparents) just arrived yesterday. Abe and I will be staying up tonight to set it up so when he wakes up in the morning, he will have the surprise of his short little life!!!

So, after waiting for months and months for his stinking gift to be available, we have now, basically for the first time, encountered the event of Cole's first illness. At our playgroup the other day his nose started running after literally 3 minutes, and I chalked it up to teething (really the only other time his nose has run) or a possible allergy to the hostess' cat, due to his eyes becoming red and swollen. However, my hopes for a simple explanation were dashed when no symptoms let up and he began coughing and running a fever on top of it all. He was miserable trying to sleep last night, and me, in my infinite wisdom, thought if he could just sleep with me, he would be fine. This ultimately just meant that I got no sleep (maybe an hour total, if I was lucky) between pathetic little coughs and intermittent wailings. Hopefully, tonight he will get enough sleep to have some energy to play tomorrow!

Since I felt taking my child to another scheduled playgroup today would be an irresponsible thing to do, and I needed to make an impromptu trip to Target to replenish the Tylenol supply, we decided to meet Abe at one of his job sites so Cole could check out the equipment (a new obsession he's had lately.) I dressed him in his finest Caterpillar duds, and off we went. This was his first time on a job site, and he had a blast. I didn't get too many pics, but here's what I got:


A few of the trucks. There were a good 20 or 30 out there just working away!

Doesn't Abe look great in his hard hat and safety vest?!? LOL


I'm telling you! Abe just becomes cooler and cooler everyday in this little boy's eyes!!! The foreman was totally willing to let Cole go for a ride, but as there was no equipment that Abe could ride with him and a driver, and Cole is still unsure about stranger danger (thankfully), we decided maybe another time. I think I see another Geupel boy with Construction in his genes (he would be at least 4th generation!)

No comments: