Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Busy weekend and HOLY SNOW!!!

This is on our COVERED deck last night. When we woke up this morning there is about 5-6 inches in this exact spot!

So I am back from Phoenix (went for my sister's b-day and a card swap/scrapbook workshop) and Abe went to the Ranch (QT with Tim and beer drinking), and we are both back in Prescott- minus one truck, plus 10 inches of snow!!!



The story with the truck is that as Abe was trying to leave the Ranch, its rain soaked, muddy "roads" decided to stop him. I have no pictures, but all I do know is his truck is in slick, slick mud, in the middle of nowhere, precariously perched on a 200 foot drop. We're just hoping things dry up and that his truck (only 6 months old) is still on the road and not down the cliff when he goes back to retrieve it this weekend! And honestly, I'm glad he gave up trying to unstick it and left it there, and didn't end up over the cliff himself!





We both came home to a light dusting of snow, which has just kept growing and growing, and last night when we thought we'd seen the most of it, we woke up this morning to about another 6 inches on top of what we had!


We took Cole outside once Abe was home from work last night, and he had a blast!!! Check out the video below. That was the highlight of his first real snow experience. I, on the other hand slid down the driveway yesterday in my car going to my first MOMS Club meeting (SCARY!!, but the MOMS Club was good) and fortunately have had no other 'sliding' incidents since (Thank you 4 wheel drive!). Although, we did make a trip to the grocery store today with its un-plowed parking lot! How do people do it? It took me a good 5 minutes to push the cart through mucky slush and snow to the door, trying so carefully to not totally biff it in my oh-so-ever-snow-appropriate Pumas. (I thought it better to push the cart and have something to hold onto than trucking through the parking lot, holding Cole, and trying to balance on the icy patches) And then loading groceries, I couldn't even get the cart remotely close to the car, so that was another challenge! The whole time I just thought, I only have to do this a day or two here and there, how do all those crazy people that live in snowy country do it, on a daily basis? Of course, their grocery stores probably plow the parking lots!

When Abe first got home last night, he threw a snowball at Cole and me in the window (we were inside), and Cole cried. But after another snowball, Cole realized how absolutely entertaining it was, especially when Abe would get them to stick to something, or pretend to throw them at me!

1 comment:

Rachel & Bobby said...

A few things...
1. Driving in the snow sounds sucky.
2. What the heck is the mom's club?
3. Cole is very cute.
4. Holy crap - I hope Abe finds his truck.
5. Thanks for coming down for my birthday :)