Thursday, May 28, 2009

Finally home- at least for a while

Cole and I spent another weekend in Phoenix (Abe went to the Ranch). We were very fortunate to attend a family friend's wedding, which was absolutely beautiful, and spend some more time with Grandma, Grandpa, and Cole's Favorite- Uncle David. Cole even got to "hang out" with David and his two friends Sunday night, and thought he was just the coolest!

Here was Cole boogying down at the wedding. I had a better picture of him, but accidentally erased it while trying to rid my poor camera of the ridiculous pictures my sister took of herself and her husband. Oops!
I also just had to throw in another of Cole's awesome activities. Thursday, while I was working on packing so we could leave Friday, Cole thought it a good idea to get into my mascara. It took me a second to realize what he'd gotten into from across the room, and I was even more excited to realize he had smeared it into the bench cushion and carpet!!!
Doesn't he look pretty? So, then Friday, as I was piling stuff up next to the door to be loaded into the car, he went through my bag, pulled out my tooth paste, and proceeded to squeeze the tube allover himself, the now naked bench cushion (I had taken the cover off to wash out the mascara), and in the beds of some of his construction trucks!!! Oh well!

It's been raining a lot in Prescott lately. The late afternoon showers that roll through, dropping the temperature 10-15 degrees and has Dozer running for cover (poor dog hates storms). Its great weather (better than the 100+ temps of Phoenix) although I'm hoping the lightning stays away this year!

I also had all my MOMS Club info turned over to me today. Basically 20-30 lbs of papers (half of which, I'm told, I will probably never look at) and 4 totes of supplies (at least its in totes!) So I guess its officially official, and I am the new President. I have some ideas that I hope people will like (I've never been one to do things the easy way!) and am just really hoping that this won't be a time sucking mistake. All in all, I am looking forward to a good year!

I am also heading into crunch time for Cole's birthday. I've finally got an idea pinned down, now I'm just hoping to get everything in motion!

So like I said, we're back, for now, and hopefully I will be able to post more often, since this 3 foot tornado in my house is doing something new everyday!


This is a video of Cole doing Itsy Bitsy Spider with me. It was not his best performance, but you'll get the idea. I sing songs like this to him while getting ready for bed, hoping he may hold still, if even for a moment. Last week, he actually started doing the motions with me! I was shocked! Enjoy!

No comments: