Monday, March 9, 2009

There are still honest people in the world- THANK GOODNESS!

So this weekend Cole and I were down in Phoenix for his well check, my hair appointment, and my Dad's birthday. Cole's well check went well, although we are currently following up on a few things, which I will update on later if necessary. We went to Butterfield's in Scottsdale for breakfast for my dad's birthday (so good!), and of course Cole and I made our traditional trips to Chik-fil-A and Freddy's, and even made a much craved stop at Chipotle (so so good!).

Friday afternoon was when things could have gone terribly wrong. I left Cole in the care of my Dad and grandparents while I went to get my hair done and have a few hours of peace and quiet. I got to that side of town a little faster than expected, so I drove by our house (looks good) and decided to make a quick trip into the Walmart there to get Cole a "prize" for getting his shot (its becoming a tradition). I bought him a book, and went on my way to grab a Dr. Pepper at Chik-fil-A (a different one) before my appointment. When I went to pay for my drink I realized my $161 was MISSING!!!!!! I started freaking out!!! That was the money to pay for my hair and all the money Abe had given me for the weekend. I frantically started walking back to Walmart hoping to find my wad of cash laying unnoticed in my wake. When that didn't happen, I thought maybe I left it at the register, since I remembered taking it out of my pocket and counting it while paying for the book. I ran up to the clerk and asked her, and to my immense surprise and relief, she said "No, but someone just turned in a bunch of money to customer service." Can you believe it? So I went to customer service and just broke down when they gave me back my money. I am so grateful for whoever the kind person was that turned it in! It still makes me ill to think that I could have lost it, but so relieved that someone- the person who found my money- was honest! I just knew for sure, in today's economy, in front of a Walmart, I would never see my money again. However, I was still able to get my hair done, go out to eat, and put gas in my car to get home, all thanks to the honesty of a total stranger! All I can figure is my money must have fallen out of my pocket when I took my car keys out. I have since started using my wallet again (its a lot harder to lose) and am trying to break my pocket jamming habit.

No comments: