Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Now that it's started... WHEN WILL IT END???

Cole has been exhibiting signs of having reached that "Terrible Two's" phase for a while (and sadly he's not even two), but lately its been exhausting! I try to help him pick up his toys somewhat before Abe gets home from work (then we pick them up again before bed). So, yesterday, we picked up his toys and I began dinner. Abe showed up literally 10 minutes later, and as he walked down the hall to go change, I heard him say "Cole, what happened in here? I've never seen it like this! Your room has never looked this bad!!" I asked what he was talking about, since I had just picked up the room after all, and he replied that Cole had dumped everything!


He even made sure to walk across the room and dump his ball bucket!

I don't know what's more disturbing, the fact he created such destruction in such a short amount of time, or that I was completely unaware and standing just 20 feet away!


Sadly, it still looks this way because this morning as we were rushing to get ready for our playgroup all the way out in Chino Valley, Cole was being "terrible" again! He completely unrolled the toilet paper (not uncommon), went through the bathroom garbage pulling out hair product (to "do" his hair) and old dental floss (to "floss" his teeth-again, not uncommon), also a discarded razor blade (WHAT!!??!!) and I found him with the entire cartridge in his mouth! Somehow he managed to not hurt himself (thank goodness) and yet he caused some serious damage to the blades!


He then slammed his fingers in my desk drawer (which he knows he's not supposed to be in) and then pulled out a pair of scissors, which I had to dodge to take them away! I know it doesn't sound like much, but it all occurred within about 5 minutes! He truly is a busy body and constantly keeps me on my toes (a razor blade in his mouth! SERIOUSLY!!). This "terrible two's" phase is surely going to keep life interesting!!!

No comments: