Monday, January 5, 2009

Still no pictures

The hard drive issue is still causing some problems, but I'm working on it. I just wanted to update so everyone didn't think I was just slacking. We had a fairly uneventful New Years. We did make a quick trip down to Phoenix to make a showing at our dear friends' 50th anniversary party (parents of Abe's best friend and the guy I used to work for who introduced Abe and I). We got there kind of late due to Abe's purchasing of a new (used) bow for his hunting trip the next day. Cole and I had to sit and wait for the guy to get Abe all fitted, which really began to wear on both of us. However, Cole found Abe's target practice session very entertaining (that kid really enjoys violence- scary).
Early, early on the first, Abe's dad, John, came to the house and the two of them went hunting for javelina, deer and if they would have been lucky enough to see one, bear and mountain lion. They each got their pigs on the first day and I was then privileged enough to have them skinning and butchering said pigs in the garage (not a favorite occurrence of mine, but I'm happy that they got their pigs, BTW- be grateful that my pictures are not up yet for this post LOL). They spent the next two days trying to get their deer, but to no avail (they will be trying again this weekend). I should mention, they were just hunting behind the house, which worked out very well for them, being that after a day's hunt they got to come home to a nice warm house and hot shower (versus camping out). They were unable to hunt Sunday due to the storm and fog that settled on the mesa, and the snow that followed. Instead, Saturday evening and Sunday day, we had a virtual processing plant in the great room, mixing up 30 lbs of chorizo. Abe and John had a great time, and so did Cole and I since we got to go shopping while they were hunting.
Well, that's pretty much all we've been up to, and like I said, be grateful that I didn't have my pictures working this post!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is is true that guys that hunt pigs with bows & arrows drink Budweiser through straws?

Anonymous said...

nice to hear from you. sounds like all is well. cole is a handsome boy. hope to see you sometime. tara p

my email is tarapnaz@gmail.com