Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A little of this, a little of that...


I took Cole in for his two year check up (only a month late this time, he was "sick" remember?). He is the same, healthy little boy that he's always been. He's about 24 lbs (small, but still on his increasingly skinny curve) and 33 1/2 inches. His head is still enormous at just around 21 inches (that's huge!), and besides not talking, seems to be hitting all other 'milestones'. He also received one booster shot, and I was encouraged to bring him back next month for a flu shot (which I absolutely will do.) I took him back to his Scottsdale pediatrician (best decision ever) and relayed to her our whole story of ups and downs. By the end, she was rolling her eyes and snickering at the whole ordeal. I have decided that from now on we will make the trek. The poor kid was so traumatized by everything that happened here in Prescott, he had a very hard time warming up to the Scottsdale doctor, and hysterically screamed if her hand even approached him. She was very patient (and understanding) with him, and that absolutely reaffirmed my decision to continue with her practice.

So with all that behind us, we are now preparing for a trip to Utah with my brother and parents. I'm still scrambling as to how I am going to keep Cole entertained (and content) in a car for 14+ hours, but I think with enough pit stops, and enough toys of course, he'll do fine.

So until we get back, I probably won't have much to update with, so until then...

No comments: