Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cole's Health Update

Cole shakin' his groove thang, 4th of July.


I realized (after many people asked me in person) that I never followed up on the "Cole" situation.

His blood culture came back completely negative. The Benadryl really worked (aka made Cole sleep) only the first night, but did seem to ease his crankiness, and so was given to him the proceeding 5 nights (I was trying to be thorough- and maybe get a little extra sleep, haha- that was totally a joke, I'm not one of those moms who dopes up her kid unnecessarily!!!). His rash is completely gone, and we have been back in the swing of things.

After much internal debate, I have decided to take him back to his Scottsdale pediatrician for his 2 year old check up. I haven't taken him yet, due to the fact he was sick, and then I was debating on whether or not to continue with the practice here in Prescott. We go there next Monday (the 10th).

It was just truly frustrating speaking with 4 different doctors on 5 different occasions, and all having differing opinions. So, for now, I think I'll just make the 200 mile trek (hey, at least I can write off the mileage!)

No comments: