Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday

to Abe!




Yesterday was Abe's birthday. Cole and I took him balloons to work (I think we succeeded in our ultimate goal of embarrassing him!). Ironically, Abe picked the exact moment we were getting out of the car to go to his car to get something, so he ruined the surprise, but only a little. Cole still got to carry them inside and leave them in Dad's office.

Then Abe chose to have me make him fish tacos for dinner (I had offered to take him out, but fish tacos were what he wanted) I googled a recipe and they actually turned out really stinking good! If I hadn't made them and knew it was fish, I never would have guessed it!

I also made brownies. Abe's not a huge dessert guy, but I knew he would eat at least one, and that Cole and I would enjoy the rest. Sadly, I think our candles are still in a box somewhere (we never officially unpacked everything- especially things we don't use often), so I settled with Cole's #2 from his party (I totally spaced buying new ones while we were at Target yesterday, due to the fact Cole was having a COMPLETE meltdown!) Although the #2 was appropriate since Cole insisted on getting his dad an Elmo birthday card for a "big 2 year old" (we altered the card with some Sharpies to reflect Abe's true age- 34!!!!) I know this pic's a little fuzzy, but Cole was attempting to help Abe blow out the candle! Too cute!
I think Abe had a good birthday (I hope he did, at least!). Cole and I got him 2 new pairs of shoes and a new Camelpak water bottle. We also were down in Phoenix, Saturday, and were able to meet his mom for dinner in Cave Creek. It wasn't too shabby, and we can't wait to embarrass him more next year!

No comments: