Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow much fun!

****Evidently, Blogger has been having serious issues with video. Check back, as they have promised a "fix."

About a week and a half ago, my brother and his friend came to visit and we took Cole sledding. This is something Abe and I have wanted to do for a while, but we haven't gone and bought a sled yet, and the snow sticks around here for such a short amount of time, we just haven't had the chance to take him.

Fortunately, my brother's friend had a few sleds, so they brought them up and we went in search of snow. There was still a fair amount of snow on the ground in the woods for us to sled on, however, it was packed and icy- not the safest sledding conditions (but, fortunately, everyone made it home fairly unscathed.)

The biggest surprise was that Cole loved it! The first few times he went, he went down with my brother. Then my brother and his friend convinced me that Cole could do it himself...and he did! Now this is shocking because a) I allowed him to do it and b) he is normally such a crybaby about stuff like that, that he won't do it. Granted, we did have to force him on the sled a few times, but once he was moving, he loved it!

I still feel awful that we went out without Abe (he had headed to the Ranch/hunting), since it is something we have wanted to do for a while, but am glad I was able to take Cole, just in case we don't get enough snow again this year to go out again.





Here is a video of Cole's last/longest/highest run. Sorry its a little shaky, but my brother launched him right at me, so I had to scurry out of Cole's speeding path. Yes, I was absolutely terrified every time he went, and my heart would stop briefly in anxiousness, but he had a blast, and in the end, that's all that matters. (BTW- watch closely and you will notice Cole caught some air on a few little bumps- so scary for Mom to watch!!!)


1 comment:

Rachel & Bobby said...

that's scary!!! i can't believe you let him do that. i like his little bouncing, shaking voice as he goes. so funny.