Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Michigan- Part I

After scrolling through all my pics from Michigan, I have decided I should do a multi-part post. There were just so many good times to document- and I currently only have my pictures. I know that John, Abe's dad, took some really good pictures and I'm pretty sure that Abe did too. But, for now, here are the start of mine:

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned, but Cole has an obsession with planes. Although this was not his first plane ride, it is the first where he could understand what was going on.

Abe had to force him to turn around and look at me- he was so interested in what the ground crews were doing.
And then immediately upon take off, we hadn't even levelled off yet, he was out!
"Hello? We've landed!" Of course, he was just pretending to talk- kid still doesn't talk, remember?


Helping Dad with the luggage.

We had to make a pit stop at a rest stop, due to the fact none of us could stand to listen to Cole cry much longer (we had a 3 1/2 hour drive from Detroit to Higgins Lake, which is where we were visiting). He really enjoyed chasing the seagulls in the grass with Uncle Ben.
That first morning, Cole and I missed breakfast, since Cole was still sleeping (its a 3 hour time change! and we didn't get to the cottage until well after 11:00pm). He was upset with me for some reason here- big surprise!

After breakfast, he made his way out onto the dock for the first time. Here he was throwing rocks with Gaga.
...and then making a break for it!

Heading back down to the lake with the fish net, but catching Uncle Ben on the way.

Dad, Gaga, and I made a trip into town and got Cole his very own "fishing pole." He thought it was so cool!

Checking out pictures of himself on the computer with Dad and PG
Gaga joining in the fun!
Well, that's it for part I, and that was just the first day! More to come...

1 comment:

Cherise said...

Looks like you guys had soo much fun! I hope Cole is feeling better!